Prep time: 45 mins
Cook time: COOK 10 mins
Servings: Original recipe makes 4 servings
This is a wonderful pork shish kabob with a Thai flavor. I took this on a church campout and it was a huge hit.
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, green onions, soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, garlic, coriander, and cayenne pepper; add pork, and stir to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
Preheat grill for high heat. Thread marinated pork, water chestnuts, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and sweet onion alternately onto skewers. Transfer remaining marinade to a small saucepan, bring to a boil, and cook for several minutes.
Lightly oil grate. Cook skewers for 10 minutes, or to desired doneness. Turn skewers while grilling to cook evenly, and brush with boiled marinade during last few minutes.