Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: COOK 7 mins
Servings: Original recipe makes 6 servings
If you are not familiar with banana squash, this is a great ‘first-timer’ recipe to try. Cubed squash is simmered, then glazed in a simple citrus sauce. It is basically foolproof and everyone will love it! Even my kids ate it up. This serves well with chicken, pork and fish.
- 1 1/2 pounds banana squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons water, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add squash cubes and water. Cover, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until squash is tender. Stir occasionally, and add more water if necessary to prevent squash from sticking to the pan.
Reduce heat to low, and stir in the orange juice, apricot preserves, cloves, salt and pepper. Cook and stir uncovered until squash is evenly glazed.